Wednesday 13 December 2006

Moved In: Open for Business

I think I am finally happy with the way this blog looks. Apologies to all two of you who were very patiently waiting for me to get off my arse and post something. Or to continue my metaphor from the last post; fling open the doors for the first day of business. Better late than never, eh?

I've added a number of lists to the side bar (all conveniently linked to further info - don't say cowboy mouth doesn't look after you) as a way of introducing myself and my tastes in theatre. The list reveals a penchant for more experimental and hybrid performance work rather than traditional script based theatre but don't let that discourage theatrophiles: I love all types of theatre. In case you need further convincing, remember that this blog is named after a Sam Shepard play. I'm not sure why I felt the need to make this distinction because I actually don't think there's much difference in the end for audiences. A good show is a good show. Anyway, these lists are by no means exhaustive. I could add many more shows including multiple shows by companies I already mention. I also feel I need to note that I am not exhibiting cultural cringe by not mentioning any Australian shows. The list is more a wish list of who I'd like to visit Melbourne or who I'd go see overseas. The fact is if a show is on in Melbourne I will see it. For example, I'm really looking forward to OT: Chronicles of the Old Testament by Uncle Semolina and Friends.

Anyway, in the next day or two look out for a couple of reviews/opinions on some shows I've seen recently. Also, coming soon, I will continue the fervent list-making with my top shows of the year and end of year wrap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alrighty, you've got good taste, you can write... Bring it on!!

Chris

vlad said...

Thanks for the kind words Chris. And don't think I'm not jealous that you got to see Three Atmospheric Studies in Adelaide (I really like your review of it). Wish I'd been able to get there but as I recall, apart the Forsythe and maybe Nora & Devolution, I found little in the festival program interesting enough to drag me to Adelaide.

Anonymous said...

Forgive the anonymous comment, Vlad, Blogger wouldn't let me log in as myself! :\

[Fuck! It's doing it again. I'm gonna start calling it Blocker... as in Beta Blocker, heh.]

It was a weird Adelaide Festival this year, so many disappointments. I had to choose between seeing Nora and Three Atmospheric Studies. That hurt. Especially after sitting through some Real Crap!

Stau was great tho. (One of those wonderful 'unknowns' in a festival.)

Chris